March 17, 2016 Subject:
Great show best of the four night run lucky i saw all four shows perfect matrix
March 16, 2015 Subject:
The last review tells it like it is
I was there and, yes, one of the best first sets from the post coma GD. They come right out of the shoot with a killer HALF STEP, everything else is super tight with an 18 minute BIRD SONG that reaches the stratosphere and beyond. Will always remember the meltdown (not train wreck) at the end of VICTIM and the Phoenix Rising from the Ashes start to a memorable SCARLET>FIRE and a unique STIR IT UP jam. Post drumz is very strong as well. Such great memories of this show. And, as always, Mr. Seamons delivers the goods big time.
January 20, 2015 Subject:
A few years of listening to the dead have had my wind up here. I spend a lot of the day (more than I care to admit), listening to Dead shows on the archive. With this (I believe) I have developed a decent ear for good shows. While I am more a fan of Brent's shows than anything, I am willing to accept that there are good shows beyond that scope. Seeing a Stir It Up jam in the setlist was of course an eye catcher, but the show around it is pristine.
There is no:
- Vocal/Lyrical Flubs
- Sound/Mixing/Tone Issues
- Botched playing or seguing into other songs
- Mr. Seamon's amazing immersive mix
- An abundance of fan favorite tunes in both sets
- An amazing first set that I actually go back and listen to (anyone knows that is a rare treat, to get mileage out of a first set)
- Amazing interplay between everybody
- Playing that is relaxed, rockin', tight, loose, everything it needs to be in every moment
- Bruce (melody/comping) and Vince (coloring) knowing their roles very well and filling them nicely
- Tasteful use of MIDI, when used (not so much at all)
- The Stir It Up jam. It just is, it does not attempt too much, but rather takes on a gentle flowing nature
All these things that make up a fantastic show, and I do not take saying that lightly. The fellas could not be tighter. Give it a whirl, no matter your era preference!
P.S.: Jerry is all about that Fiyah Fiyah Fiyah on the Mountain, good golly he's into it!
January 12, 2012 Subject:
Jerry stirs up the Capital Center with a Scarlet Fire like none before it. Dank you Mr. Trix for this smelly mix of time and space. You cetainly have a nose for dank shows.